Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Broken Legions - Parthian warband

A belated Merry Christmas and a happy New Year for all of my fellow bloggers and their loved ones.

Now with that out of the way let normal service resume. Illness, birthdays and Christmas preparations have taken up must of the hobby time in December, but I did manage to finish my Parthian warband for Broken Legions.

I got these for my birthday in late October and they have been finished for a couple of weeks now, but only today I had the chance to set them up for a photo shoot.

The miniatures are all from Aventine Miniatures, except the slingers who are from Black Tree Designs. The quality of the Aventine miniatures are some of the best I have ever painted, full of detail and character.

Unlike some of my other Broken Legions warbands I have not gone for a unified similar look. Instead I have looked at many of the pictures from Osprey books and tried to use a similar colour palette.

This warband will be something different in Broken Legions with it's emphasis on cavalry. The Heroes in the warband are limited to the Parthian Prince, a Magus and a Lamassu. So far I only have the Parthian Prince, but will try and find a suitable mini for the Magus. A Lamassu mini I have found to be impossible to find.

Once I get these onto the table I think I will try to have a couple of Cataphracts and a couple of Horse Archers. The Parthian Prince will also be mounted, and the rest of the points will be spend on the Zhayedan Archers and the mandatory Sparabara.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment