Sunday, October 13, 2013

EotD - Skirmish Report - Entrapment

Thursday I had two games with my friend Chris. The second skirmish report will be up one of the next few days.

Chris had created a Sons of the Empire Gentlmen's Club and I pulled out my Supernatural Branch. We rolled for scenario and ended up with Entrapment, another roll and we had determined that Chris would be the ambusher.












We once again used my London Docks board, but this time I had changed the location of the buildings and terrain quite a bit. Chris set up in the two corners furthest away from the water, while my Supernatural Branch started on literally the edge of the water.



As I was the defender I had initiative for the first round. I was quickly done moving my peelers close to the building in the center, which would provide me with cover from Chris Sons of the Empire.
Chris then moved his Sons into position, one of them actually getting a shot of with his hunting rifle targeting one of my constables. The rest ended up covering quite a large area with Watch& Shoot.










Second round and I moved my peelers further up, both the DI and DS moved into the building while the constables all moved up along the canal. I decided to move the two peelers back towards the others so that Chris would be forced to move half his crew across the board. I managed to take Down a Son as well.



On Chris turn he moved half his crew across the board, while the others took a few shots on my peelers without any effect.





Third round and Chris won initiative, again none of his Sons shooting had any effect, but the second half of his crew were now in position. On my turn my DI and DS moved out and shot dead one of the Sons, and with one of the Down, I thought I was looking good. One of my peelers jumped the canal and was ready to engage the Sons VP in combat next round.




Fourth round and again Chris won initiative. He moved three of the Sons into position so that I would have no cover and managed to remove a wound on both my DI and DS. His VP charged my peeler. When it became my turn I charged with both my DI and DS towards one of Chris' members and his President. In the combat round, we exchanged blows and the VP lost a wound, while his President killed my DS. My DI killed of another of the membership.



Fifth round and surprise surprise Chris won initiative. He stared by making bravado rolls for all his Sons and succeeded with all of them, my imitial luck was changing. He then moved his remaining member, carrying a sawn-off shotgun into position so that he would be able to hit both my DI and a constable. And as has been the rule for the last few games we have played, he managed to kill of my DI. My remaining constables fired of shots but despite three aimed shots I did not wound the membership. In the combat round Chris' VP landed a blow on my constables removing him from play.



Sixth started with me making Bravado rolls for my three remaining constables. Two suceeded and one failed. At this time I conceded the game, thinking that my two constables would be without chance against his President, VP and a member.

It was a great game, where I initially looked to have the upper hand but my luck changed at a critical point.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great game and I never grow tired of seeing your table set up.

    ReplyDelete