Monday, October 14, 2013

EotD - Skirmish Report - Blissful Ignorance

My second game with Chris from last Thursday. After the first game we calculated our shillings and found out what had happend to our crew members who had been removed from play. I was extremely lucking rolling Stern Stuff for all three of my members. Chris rolled a few minor injuries and he ended up being unable to field a member for this game because of injury. We then used most of our shillings to get upgrades to our heroes.

We rolled Blissful Ignorance, a scenario that I like because of the many civilians that it needs - more minis yeah! But at the same time it is a scenario that can easily be without any confrontation as the civilians normally end up being split between the two factions.

Since my table is only 3x3 you can normally get to a civilians in the first round or at the latest the second round. So after the first few rounds we had more or less divided the civilians between us. Chris started to gather his men and civilians behind the large building located on the dock and I had two constables with two civilians each, who had moved behind buildings close to the table edge.

This is where the game could have ended with us more or less sharing the shillings, but I decided that hey we need a bit of fun in the game. Chris had a membership who had moved into one of the small backyards, and I had one of my constables move up to the fence. In the next round I tried to climb the fence, which if successful would leave me with a point blank shot at the member. But of course I had to roll a 9 on the climb roll and with the fence being 2 inches tall I failed. The constable tumbled down and was prone. On Chris turn the member shot once and killed my constable. I then tried to get my DI to take revenge, but ended up losing him as well - for the fourth game in a row!

A short but ok game, not as fun as the Entrapment game, and I still think that the Blissful Ignorance scenario needs a few adjustments to make it work better.





















9 comments:

  1. Your table looks great mate. Nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report and awesome looking table!

    Where did you get the brickwork roads from? I haven't seen anything like that apart from making them myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaper,

      I made them myself from a foam sheet. not sturdy like foam board, but really soft. I then took an exacto blade and cut the pattern into the sheet, not all the way through but halfway. The process takes about 1-1½ hours per sheet (A4), but with each sheet only costing around 80p it is cheap and I really like the result. Once painted and glued onto the board it is sturdy enough for when you play.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll have to see what I can come up with!

      Delete
  3. Very nice Dockyard scene, looks suitably grubby and an' 'orrble darn there gov' !
    Perhaps blissful ignorance is one of those scenarios where you have a chance to 'recharge' your faction - grab some civvies, earn some dosh, avoid a scarp and tool up your guys afterwards, ready for a following scenario you can get your teeth into, especially if you're a vamp or wolfie player!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW - love the atmospheric blog header picture - nice one!

      Delete
    2. Cheers Scott. Yes recharging is very much the object of the scenario, and I would have been better off leaving my opponent alone...

      Delete
    3. Re: the header picture - googling gothic horror will get you some superb images

      Delete